Legal Services Agency (LSA) is a Law Centre and Charity which provides skilled legal advice, assistance and representation to vulnerable people and those who would otherwise find it difficult to get legal advice.
We have experience in areas of law that other solicitors don`t deal with. Our strong commitment to social justice means we believe everyone should have the right expert on their side when things go wrong.
We concentrate on the rights of people who are disadvantaged through mental illness, dementia, vulnerability resulting from youth or old age, poverty, debt, threatened homelessness, exclusion or any other reason.
When we are not able to help an individual, we work with our partner organisations to make sure they get help elsewhere.
We focus on many aspects of the law and human rights including:
1. Housing and preventing homelessness
2. Defended eviction and mortgage repossession cases
3. Protecting the rights of asylum seekers, refugee and migrant women and young people
4. Advice and representation for young people from abroad
5. Rights relating to incapacity law, mental health, dementia and acquired brain injury.
6. Criminal Injuries Compensation, employment law and social welfare law.
Click here for a more extensive list.
We have offices in Glasgow (central and Royston), Edinburgh and Greenock.
We are also a major legal educator in Scotland and run numerous Seminars every month. We also produce various Publications and run policy campaigns.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn